Creative Networks are looking for a Second Line IT Support Engineer to provide effective onsite technical support to contract customers, for desktop/laptop/printer/application issues and installations as well as basic network/server troubleshooting and administration.
A key aspect of the role is to communicate effectively with the customer and manage technical queries in line with our standards and SLA’s.
This role will be predominantly based at our office in Bamber Bridge and you will be required to travel to client sites. Working hours will be an 8 hour shift Monday – Friday, between 8am and 6pm.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide 1st and 2nd line onsite and remote technical support services to customers
- Resolve issues in a competent manner, whilst communicating professionally with the customer and members of the Service Desk, Infrastructure and Professional Services teams
- To prioritise, progress and resolve technical queries and service requests assigned to the individual in accordance with standard and customer specific service level agreements
- To be responsible for completing specific technical projects as designated by the Service Management Team e.g. projects, deployments, installs, moves, adds and changes
- Make effective use of all personal and team time during any periods of inactivity
- Maintain personal qualifications and skill sets and ensure training is completed in line with business and personal needs
- Understanding of Networks, including topography
- An understanding of how to carry out patching in a server room/office
- A good understanding of Microsoft products, Office 365, Active Directory, Hypervisors both Citrix and VMware preferable.
- Experience with various brands of routers and networking equipment.
- Experience of working with, and troubleshooting, wired and wireless networks with a good understanding of TCP/IP.
- Good general level of education. A-levels or equivalent, with GCSE grades A-C or equivalent in English Language and Mathematics
- ITIL Foundation
- Customer Service Qualification
- Any relevant Microsoft Certifications
Key Skills Required
- Good awareness of the role of support services in front line delivery
- Behaves in a professional manner at all times
- Exhibits commercial awareness
- Excellent face to face communication skills
- Good telephone communication skills
- Good written communication skills
- Operates well unsupervised
- Ability to supervise other less experienced team members
- Assesses risks effectively and the implications of his/her actions/advice to Creative Networks and customer
- Prioritises tasks to achieve SLA’s
- Takes ownership willingly
- Able to remain calm under pressure
- Manages customer’s expectations effectively
- Can explain highly complex technical issues in “lay-man’s” terms
- Proficient fault finder and problem solver
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environments
- Some on-site maintenance is required so a full driving licence would be required.
Aptitudes and Attributes
- Is proactively innovative
- Is logical in approach
- Takes a long-term view
- Is helpful, fair and demonstrates a “give and take” attitude.
- Good time keeper
- Demonstrates mutual respect for own and other team members
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £18,000.00 to £25,000.00 /year