Here at Creative Network Solutions, we are Manchester’s leading network solution specialists. From designing and optimizing specific information technology strategies, to hosting cloud server storage solutions and top of the line security, we are the team you can count on, for all your networking needs. As such, we have produced this guide to the cloud security considerations for your company.
What are the most important considerations for cloud security?
There are a number of important considerations to bear in mind when it comes to cloud security. These considerations include:
- Shared working environments-While separate and protected storage has long been a key principle for network and business security, cloud working offers a cohesive working environment for your team to share resources and to work on dynamic, constantly changing projects. While this is perfect for remote working, and collaboration, it does mean that security needs to be considered, and your security policies and procedures may also need to be altered in line with this. Using authorized access only can be one potential solution to ensure that your live projects are only accessed by those involved.
- Data privacy- When storing data on site, it is easy to restrict access, and monitor how secure this is. However, when storing data in the cloud, this can be a risk, unless the right security precautions and actions are taken. When migrating data to the cloud, it is absolutely essential that you are aware of the security in place, and that this is of a high enough level to protect your company data and sensitive information.
- Malicious attacks- while your company can be under threat of malicious attacks from any angle, malicious threats to your cloud data can be different. Distributed Denial-of-Service (DDoS) attacks are a very real threat that can target cloud servers or the framework around these to cause great disruption to the services or even take these offline. This kind of targeted attack requires a different framework of cyber security.
Proactive steps to take for cloud security
To make sure that your company takes all the right steps for effective cyber security, you should consider:
- Understanding the cloud security provision- having an in depth knowledge of the type of security provision you can expect from the cloud service you are using is an essential starting point. Public cloud providers like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud offer proprietary security solutions, so you need to make sure that these security solutions are activated and working.
- Encryption- Encrypting your company datat helps protect it from being accessed by unauthorized users. You should also encrypt data that’s being uploaded to or downloaded from the cloud to ensure your data is protected at every instance.
Working with a professional team, like us here at Creative Network Solutions, means that you have access to a dedicated cyber security team who can not only help to protect your network, data and IT services, but who can also train your staff to be aware of the realities, and warning signs, of cyber crime. Why not get in touch today, to find out more?