Here at Creative Network Solutions, we are Manchester’s leading network solution specialists. From designing and optimizing specific information technology strategies, to hosting cloud server storage solutions and top of the line security, we are the team you can count on, for all your networking needs. As such, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about IaaS solutions.
What are IaaS solutions?
IaaS stands for Infrastructure as a Service. What this means in practice is that your company or business can access an instant computing infrastructure, managed entirely through the cloud. This is a cloud service that can provide:
- servers and storage
- networking firewalls and security
- a data centre
IaaS is often associated with other cloud services including Software as a Service (SaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS).
What are the advantages of IaaS solutions for companies and businesses?
There are a number of advantages and benefits for any company or business when it comes to using IaaS. These advantages include:
- Reducing costs and initial expenses- Using IaaS solutions, rather than setting up your own infrastructure, can save you a lot of money, both in the initial up front cost, as well as the ongoing running costs. This means that your business can get up and running without becoming submerged in costs. For start -ups and small businesses, this can be essential.
- Expandable and flexible services- with IaaS solutions, you company infrastructure can be scaled up to cover the growth of your company, whenever you need it. This is a great option for companies that experience a fast rate of growth, or those that need to scale up in line with growing business demands on a seasonal level, and then scale back down for the rest of the year. This upgrading and scaling is something that would not only cost your company financially, but would also take a lot of time to set up, without IaaS. Instead, you can enjoy this full scalability with results in minutes or hours, rather than days or weeks.
- No maintenance- you will not need to spend time or money on maintaining your infrastructure hardware. This is something that can be very time consuming, and usually involves some system downtime. However, with IaaS, all of the maintenance will be done for you, and you can rest assured that your server and infrastructure will be 100% reliable.
- Focus on your business- all in all, using IaaS solutions means that you will be able to spend your time focusing on the growth and development of your business, rather than practical concerns with the IT system or network.
Working with a professional team, like us here at Creative Network Solutions, means that you have access to a dedicated cyber security team who can help to protect your network, data and IT services, while also offering professional services such as IaaS solutions. Why not get in touch today to find out more?