Here at Creative Network Solutions, we are Preston’s leading IT support and network services experts. From secure remote access services to business VoIP, we are the team you can count on. And this is our guide to all the top cyber security statistics our team should know.
What are the most interesting cyber security statistics for SMBs?
Cyber security might be a little bit of a dull topic to get your employees and your colleagues excited about, but the right cyber security can protect your company and in extreme cases help save jobs. And these statistics will help you persuade your team to take cyber security seriously!
How many cyber crimes target SMBS?
- There are 65 thousand attacks on small businesses every day in the UK
- Of these 65000 around 5 to 10000 are successful!
- In reality this means that around 1.6 million of the 5.7 million small businesses registered in the UK are victims of cyber crime every single year, with the number only increasing as attackers become quicker to adapt.
- 37% of UK companies have reported a cyber crime in the past year
- 17% of UK companies have reported being hit by a cyber crime more than once in a single year
How does cyber crime impact customer relations?
- 33% of small to medium-sized businesses say they have lost customers following a data breach
- An in-depth study of UK and us businesses found that 37% of companies have lost business because of security
- 45% of UK customers claim they will stop trading with a business for short period of time following a cyber attack
- 42% of UK customer said they will never return to shopping with a company after a cyber crime
What are the most common cyber attacks in the UK?
- In 2018 48% of UK companies were hit with ransomware. This number is only likely to have increased following current world events such as the coronavirus pandemic.
- One in every 3772 emails in the UK is a phishing scam.
- Around half of UK cyber attacks involve a phishing scam. That’s more than twice the global average!
How are small to medium sized businesses handling the cyber security issue?
- 22% of businesses do not provide effective cyber training for their employees Especially for email security.
- 66% of businesses reported raising a security budget in 2018.
- 31% of UK businesses have conducted a cyber security assessment in the past year.
- 42% of UK organisations have concerns about implementing new cyber security measures. Many of these state compliance risks as a barrier to implementing new measures while 31% of these state that business disruption is the biggest barrier.
- Half of all businesses have just one cyber security professional in-house.
For detailed, tailored information or advice about your network security, systems, or disaster recovery, why not get in touch with the experts today, here at Creative Network Solutions.