Here at Creative Network Solutions, we are Preston’s leading IT support and network services experts. From secure remote access services to business VoIP, we are the team you can count on. And this is our guide to everything you should know about the advantages of off-site data backup.
What is off-site data backup?
Off-site data backup is an option for companies and businesses to back up their data, without storing this on site. This can be stored in a different building in the same geographical area or city, or it can be stored remotely in the cloud. But what are the benefits of off site backup for companies and businesses?
What are the benefits of off-site data backup for businesses?
There are a number of reasons to choose off site data backup instead of onsite backup. These reasons include:
- Protection from site wide disasters- in the even of a disaster at your place of work, or business property, all of your data could be lost at once, with the originals and the backed up data and files being destroyed or damaged. A site side disaster could include a natural disaster such as a flood, or an electrical fire or other emergency situation. While it might seem like this is unlikely to happen to your property, commercial fires are more common than you might think. But with files and data stored off-site, it is much easier and quicker to orchestrate data recovery after a site-wide disaster, and get your business back up and running.
- Central point of organisation- if your business operates from a few different geographical areas, or around the UK, remote or off-site backup can act as a central hub where all of your data can be stored and managed collectively. This can often be much cheaper than using on site local backup solutions at each different business premises. It also makes data much easier to manage, and can ensure full data protection across all aspects of your business.
- Protection for remote workers- a remote backup server can improve network performance for your remote staff, including shorter backup and recovery times. This allows you remote workers to have the same level of protection and support as those that work from the office.
- Outsourcing can be more cost effective- outsourcing the backup data storage to a professional data centre provider can be much less expensive than making the necessary physical changes to your office or business premises, and provides increased technical benefits too.
- High level security- many off -site backup servers will benefit from an increased level of security, especially compared to traditional methods. The procedure for off-site data backup is automated, which means all of your data will be backed up on regular intervals, typically every day.
For more information or advice about your network security, systems, or cloud solutions, why not ask the experts today, here at Creative Network Solutions.